Useful Government Links
- A List of Government Websites
- Members of Parliament (MPPs) Currently in Government
- Developmental Services Ontario
- Special Services at Home
Links to Local Agencies and Supports
- Autism In High School
- Autism Spectrum Connection
- Christian Horizons – West District
- Community Living Cambridge
- Developmental Services Resource Centre
- Elmira District Community Living
- Independent Living Centre of Waterloo Region
- KW AccessAbility
- KW Habilitation
- Parents for Community Living
- Planned Lifetime Networks
- Traverse Independence
- Waterloo Region Down Syndrome Society
- Waterloo Region Family Network
- Waterloo Region Homes for Mental Health
Links Relevant to Our Work
- Ontario Independent Facilitation Network
- Abilities Canada
Abilities Canada has written articles on lots of topic areas including belonging, travel, family life, and social policy.
- The Learning Community
The Learning Community has a number of articles on this website about person centred planning and approaches
- Creating a Good Life: A Guide on Person Directed Planning
National & Provincial Groups of Interest
- Individualized Funding Coalition for Ontario
Individualized Funding Coalition for Ontario advocates for individualized family funding.
- Special Services at Home Provincial Coalition
Special Services at Home Provincial Coalition is a group that works to make Special Services At Home funding more widely available.
- People First Ontario
A self-advocacy group.
- Family Alliance Ontario
People with disabilities and their families working together for self- determination, inclusion, quality of life, human rights.
- ARCH Disability Law Centre
ARCH’s activities include legal advice and ensuring new laws in the developmental service system are based on full citizenship values.
- Ombudsman in Ontario
The Ombudsman of Ontario is an Officer of the Provincial Legislature. The Ombudsman’s job is to ensure government accountability through effective oversight of the administration of government services.
- Community Living Ontario
Community Living Ontario is a non-profit, provincial association that advocates for people who have an intellectual disability to be fully included in all aspects of community life.
- Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network (PLAN)
Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network (PLAN) is a family-led organization founded to secure the future of people with disabilities.
- Canadian Association for Community Living
Promotes the full inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Cerebral Palsy Guide – Learn the Causes
- The people working behind the scenes on the Cerebral Palsy Guide have strived to create an easy-to-use, informative website that provides solutions for families. It is our hope that Cerebral Palsy Guide can help parents of children with cerebral palsy find peace, healing and happiness.
- Cerebral Palsy Group The Cerebral Palsy Group is dedicated to providing information, material and resources that is available to both families as well as those who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy.
Our Lending Library
We are passionate about supporting people to build lives of richness, community, and inclusion.
As part of our Facilitator’s Network of Waterloo Region community of practice, we are collecting resources relevant to person-directed planning and independent facilitation.
These resources are available for community use in our lending library, housed in the reception area of the Centre for Autism in The Family Centre (65 Hanson Ave., Kitchener).
Borrowing resources is simple – find the book or resource you are interested in, record your name and contact information on the card clipped to the book, and place it in the card box under the first letter of your last name.
Find the resource useful? Why not write up a review or share ideas that came to you while using it, and attach it to the inside of the book for others to enjoy?