Are You the Next Member of Our Board of Directors?
Want to help to create a Waterloo Region where everyone belongs? So do we.
Our organization is inviting applications to join our volunteer Board of Directors. You will join a committed group of people helping to guide a small organization to make a big impact in our community.
About our organization:
Our vision is for a Waterloo Region where everyone belongs – where we value meaningful relationships, honour choices and dreams, and celebrate the uniqueness of each person.
Through our core service – Independent Facilitation – and a variety of programs and initiatives including Be at Home Creative Housing Supports, A New Chapter Caregiver Support Group, We Belong Waterloo Region, and support of the Buddy Choir, we are working towards our vision. And we need your help to get there.
We are seeking people who will:
- Act as ambassadors for our organization inside the board room and out in the community
- Contribute towards strong policies and procedures and monitor organizational performance
- Help the organization in determining strategy and ensuring that strategy is pursued
- Contribute towards the financial health and sustainability of our organization through donations, participation in fundraising events and campaigns, and identifying and cultivating relationships in the community
- Ensure our activities align with our mission, vision, values, and strategic plan
- Commit to regularly attend, be prepared for, and actively participate in board meetings.
The Board of Directors of Bridges to Belonging meets monthly. Each meeting is 2 hours long, and you can expect 4 hours of reading, preparation, and correspondence prior to each meeting. Board members may also participate in other board committees.
We are seeking board members who are passionate about the values of our organization and have skills in the following areas:
- Finance / Accounting
- Communications and Fundraising
- Other skills and experiences that will enrich our organization.
Ready to apply or want more information? We invite you to get in touch with our Board Chair and Vice-Chair for next steps by sending an email to Amy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sharon (email@example.com).